COMPOSER STORIES PODCAST 012: Ross Harris
In this session of Composer Stories, Guy is joined by Ross Harris. Ross has stacked up session work as a drummer with Craig David, Busted, and Ella Henderson. He’s also had placements with his songwriting on shows such as Love Island and The Greatest Dancer.
We talk about our history, how important it is to sustain a certain level of professionalism, and how you can get placements while also releasing music commercially.
Ross has worked with some of the biggest names in music. We go deep into what to expect when you meet your idols and how to build your relationships within a business marketplace.
- Ross’s musical history
- The advantages of going to University in London to study music
- His session work and how that works alongside being a songwriter
- Giving yourself time to finish projects effectively
- How just showing up and getting the job done goes a long way
- What to do when you meet your idols
- How to build connections in the right way
For more information on Ross, visit:
composer stories podcast
As part of our mission to give back to the composer community,we have launched an amazing podcast that dives into the stories of composers and producers who have anaged to turn their passion for music into a sustainable and lucrative career.Usually right from their homes.
We wanted to share those inspiring stories with you guys in the hope that it would inspire you to keep pursuing your passion to write music for a living.