COMPOSER STORIES PODCAST 011: Martyn Corbet
We dive into what it is to be a working composer, how it can work alongside live performance, getting the most out of your home studio, and acknowledging the peek work hours in the day for you.
We also cover how to get the best out of your home studio, something we haven’t spoken about on the Composer Stories before.
- How education can help you start your path.
- How to react to a publisher’s feedback in a positive way.
- The skills required for Custom work.
- The skills required for Library music.
- How to separate the different processes that are involved in finishing a track (Sketching, Writing, Mixing and Mastering)
- Basic mixing techniques
- What time of the day should you work?
- Work/Life balance
For more information on Martyn, visit:
composer stories podcast
As part of our mission to give back to the composer community,we have launched an amazing podcast that dives into the stories of composers and producers who have anaged to turn their passion for music into a sustainable and lucrative career.Usually right from their homes.
We wanted to share those inspiring stories with you guys in the hope that it would inspire you to keep pursuing your passion to write music for a living.